ProFractional-XC Laser Resurfacing
Suitable for improving the appearance of a wide range of common skin problems, ProFractional-XC therapy can help you to achieve a more beautiful complexion with minimal downtime.
How does laser resurfacing work?
Laser resurfacing is the process of using laser beams to ablate thousands of pinpoint channels in the skin. The natural wound-healing response of the skin to this treatment stimulates the growth of new collagen. Skin becomes rejuvenated, firmer, and more resilient.
ProFractional-XC therapy is a fractionated method of laser resurfacing in which only individual portions of skin are treated during each session. This means that the surrounding areas of skin can promote healing at a more rapid rate.
What can laser resurfacing treat?
ProFractional-XC laser resurfacing is designed to generally improve the appearance of the skin. It can work to:
– Reduce redness
– Minimize hyperpigmentation
– Lessen the appearance of thread veins
– Smooth out uneven skin tone
– Subtly brighten the skin
– Gently tighten and firm the skin
This type of laser resurfacing is suitable for most areas of the body, but the most popular treatment areas are the face, neck, chest and hands.
What should I expect during laser resurfacing treatment?
Laser resurfacing is a relatively simple procedure which takes as little as 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated. Here’s what to expect at your first appointment:
1. Your skin is gently cleansed and your eyes are protected with safety glasses.
2. A topical numbing cream or local anesthetic may be applied, depending on the planned depth of the treatment.
3. The laser handpiece is positioned on the skin.
4. Laser energy is applied, during which you will hear a series of rapid snapping sounds.
5. The laser handpiece will be moved around to adjacent areas of skin to apply the laser energy to the entire treatment area.
Downtime is anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. Depending on seth of ablation. :
– Mild redness and a sunburn-like sensation immediately following treatment.
– Increased sensitivity to sunlight in the days following treatment.
– A general tightening effect as the skin heals.
– Full results within four to six months after treatment when the skin’s collagen remodelling has occurred.
When will I see results of laser resurfacing?
Most patients see fantastic results after just one treatment of laser resurfacing. However, depending on the area being treated, the skin problem being targeted, and your desired results, additional treatments may be necessary to achieve the best possible results.